Jamey

 






"Jamey"

A sculpture I somehow churned our when I got invited to the "Transgressive Joy" exhibition for Tartu Pride since I didn't have any other fitting sculptures for it. Started by making a random fat trans guy with bit of a bigger chest like my artwork usually goes. With the lil twist of stylized boxers on his head that kind of turns into kind of an abstract form at parts. Took photos of the plasticine sculpture, made it into a 3d model, printed it then painted in acrylics, glued on the piercings, chain and sculpted a crude little fork. The process of making this sculpture helped me finally experiment with this style of sculpture that I've wanted to do for awhile. Bring my 2D art into 3D and I think I pulled it off quite well. Let's see if this style sticks in the future.

Like usual my sculptures tend to get meanings later on. This one developed into ,on surface level, just acceptance and contentedness in your own body (just like my "AL" sculpture). Simply existing. But to deeper dwell into it it has small hints of communities and spaces (punk, online queer spaces, kinks/fetishes, horror, fandoms in general and so on) that helped me and others to feel more comfortable in our own bodies . The boxers on the head both showing a hint of silliness, rebellion, sexuality and a form to show sort of vagueness of Jamey. Both as a person to be more of a stand in for me and also a sense of not having fully processed and perceived yourself yet. That there's still a road ahead of self acceptance and discovery despite how loud and proud you currently are. Me included.







(09.07.24)